Thursday 12 May 2016

Arrived at last

Well, we made it.  It was a long day, almost 24 hours on the go.  Seating was comfortable and service good on the plane.  We were able to upgrade our seat at the airport without too exorbitant a cost, but had to sit across the aisle from each other.  We were in the first row and although it had the advantage of having plenty of legroom, the table was in the armrest and mine was broken.  I wasn't able to sleep on the plane, because I had no place to set up my CPAP machine and I did not want to subject a whole plane full of souls to my dulcet tones. There would have been a riot at 30,000 feet if I had done that!

 After getting a taxi to our hotel, because of our early arrival, we had to wait around for a couple of hours till the room was ready.  So we decided to have some lunch and go and get a card for our phone.  By the time that was done our room was ready and we came in and collapsed.  I slept from 4:30PM to 4:30AM (thus the reason for penning this at 5:30 AM) and am feeling more alive now.  Just waiting for breakfast to start at 6:30.  It is going to take a few days to get this old body turned around.

Today's agenda includes moving into London proper and going to a live theater presentation of Agatha Christie's "The Mousetrap".

No pictures yet, but soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment