Thursday 2 June 2016

Getting to know our wheels and a visit to Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park

May 30
Our new car is an Audi A3 - she is an automatic and she has built in GPS.  Yeah! and Yeah!  She shall be called Arabella.

Today was a day of getting to know Arabella.  She drives nicely and it is a godsend to Bill to not have to deal with manual shifting.  She is not the easiest car to get in and out of for us.  She is a little lower to the ground than we are used to, so I always have the feeling that I am falling into the seat.  Getting out is not easy either.  Because of the shape of the seat I have to almost climb over the edge and with my short legs, well,  I have trouble reaching the ground.  Complain, complain!

Her GPS also is not very intuitive - there are buttons and knobs to push, tap and scroll with and once I have a destination entered I seem to have trouble adding in waypoints and erasing destinations when I am finished - by the time we need to return her I will probably have figured it out.  I have purchased a good old fashioned paper map to augment my trip planning.

Today, for a test run, we travelled out to Loch Lomond.  Beautiful country.  It is the last day of the bank holiday, the weather has been exceedingly beautiful for this time of the year and the traffic was terrible travelling towards Glasgow and Edinburgh.  Over 8 miles of bumper to bumper - luckily for us we were heading in the opposite direction so had clear travelling.

around Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park
 
 


 
 

 
 



 




 



 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment